- On behalf of a leading academic medical center, Connie negotiated termination of significant charity-care requirements under the Hill-Burton Act.
- She has represented numerous health care professionals, including physicians, nurses, chiropractors and pharmacists, at state licensing agencies.
- She participated in the formation of a community research network involving community hospitals and a major academic medical center. She has also counseled a health system’s research institute regarding its compliance and insurance obligations in the research network.
- Ms. Baker has resolved credentialing disputes with hospitals and medical staffs in a manner that minimizes the need for time-consuming and divisive medical staff hearings. See the complete list: CH Baker Experience Chart Updated 10.13
- On behalf of the American Health Lawyers Association, Ms. Baker has arbitrated disputes pertaining to graduate resident medical education involving major academic medical centers and individual residents and physician recruitment arrangements. She has also served as a hearing officer in medical staff disciplinary proceedings.
- She represented a physician and clinical laboratory in attempts by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid to revoke the laboratory’s CLIA certificate pursuant to the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments,
- She has counseled hospitals regarding accreditation disputes with JCAHO.
- She assisted a pharmacy in securing state legislation for a sophisticated remote automated medication system for nursing homes and in representation before the state pharmacy licensing board.
- She has represented a medical staff in formation of a clinically integrated joint venture with a hospital.
- She has represented clients in state Medicaid Fraud investigations.
- She has represented hospitals in proceedings with the Office of Inspector General (OIG) of the Department of Health and Human Services in investigations regarding the employment of excluded individuals.
Independent Schools and Independent School Associations
- Ms. Baker advised a consortium of independent Montessori schools regarding compliance with and challenges to conflicting and burdensome state educational requirements.
- Ms. Baker has advised independent schools on revision of board bylaws, Head emcorporate governance matters, head employment agreements and avoidance of intermediate sanctions, and child abuse and neglect reporting policies obligations.